Not only did the week go by in flash, so did the year. Many of us get all panicky about Christmas preparations and then just like that, the day is gone. Once again hubby and I had a new healthy bundle to joy to share the festive season with.
I'm happy, grateful and cheerful because:
- I'm tired as any mum with newborn would be but I'm pretty much fully recovered from the my baby labour
- My baby daughter is thriving. She eats and sleeps well and in-spite of her tiny frame she's quite strong
- Angelo adores his baby sister and covers her little face with kisses all through the day and night.
- Last year Angelo had no concept of gifts and he certainly could not open them. This year he as a thing possessed, eager to open any unattended gift in sight. It was special to experience Christmas through him, all the joy, wonder and surprise that is something only children can experience in their age of innocence.
- We had a lovely quiet Xmas and then on Boxing Day hubby had family visiting. It was a wonderful day as Angelo adores spending time with family and it was also a great opportunity to introduce Valentina to her family for her first Christmas.
- With hubby at home on paternity leave and visiting family around, I'm able to get some much deserved rest.
- On Boxing day I managed to sneak away with Valentina for a couple of hours to visit some Trini friends of mine. It was fabulous! Again it was all about introducing Valentina and letting her soak up the love, joy and vibrance of my countrymen. She got a flavour of how festive and loud we do things, all around good food and conversation. Then, we ended our visit with a word of prayer and blessing. Bring 2013!
How was your Christmas? What were the best bits?